Prof. Francesco Paolo La Mantia
University of Palermo, Italy
Rheological and mechanical properties of polymer systems; processability, characterization and compatibilization of polymer blends; liquid crystal polymers; nanocomposites; biodegradable polymers; plastics recycling.
Author of about 380 scientific papers (Citations 11500, h = 52, Google Scholar; Citations 8300, h = 43, SCOPUS. (October 2022)), four books on plastics recycling and two books on liquid crystal polymers, as well as several book chapters and two teaching books on polymers. About 400 communications at National and International conferences, about 50 technical papers and 12 patents. Many invited plenary lectures at National and International conferences.
- Coordinator and Responsible of many national and international research projects, as well as contracts with industries and public organizations.
- Chairman of several National and International conferences.
- Former President and currently treasurer of the MoDeSt International scientific society.
- Former President of AIMAT (Italian Association of Materials Engineering) Society.
- Member of the Editorial Board of International Peer Reviewed Journals, such as Polymer Degradation and Stability, Polymers, Nanomaterials, Materials, Recycling, Journal of Applied Biomaterials and Functional Materials, Polimery, Progress in Rubber, Plastics and Recycling Technology.
- Guest Editor of 12 Special Issues of Polymers, four Special Issues of Materials and two on Recycling.
- Reviewer of research projects for public national and international Institutions (Research Ministries of France, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Portugal, Luxembourg, etc.), as well as private Institutions.
- Referee for several scientific ISI journals, such as: Polymer Degradation and Stability, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering and Science, Polymer, Polymer Composites, Journal of Rheology, Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, Composites Engineering, International Polymer Processing, etc.
- Coordinator of the Degree Courses in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering and Biomedical Engineering.
- Chairman of the Department of Chemical, Processes and Materials Engineering, University of Palermo.
- Member of the Administration Board of the University of Palermo (1997-2002) and President of the Finance and Business commettee.
- Dean of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Palermo (2004-2010)
- Member of the Academic Senate of the University of Palermo (2004-2010)
- Vice-Rector of the University of Palermo, March-October 2015.
- Delegate of the Rector for: Research and Research Evaluation, Strategic Planning,Decentralization, etc
- Vice-Rector for Planning, Development and Strategic Management
- President of the Polythecnic School of the University of Palermo.