Prof. Georgios C. Psarras
University of Patras ,Greece
Georgios C. Psarras is full professor since 2019 at the Department of Materials Science, University of Patras, Greece. He obtained his Ph.D. in Materials Physics Engineering in 1995 at the National Technical University of Athens, Greece where he was Post-Doctoral Research Fellow till 1998. He then joined the Institute of Chemical Engineering and High Temperature Chemical Processes, Foundation for Research and Technology, Patras, Greece as reseracher. In 2000, he obtained a lecturer position within the Department of Materials Science, University of Patras, Greece. He was a visiting professor at the University of Science and Technology of Beijing, China in 2014 and Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary in 2016.
Prof Psarras research interests include:
- Smart and functional materials, hybrid materials’ systems incorporating: Shape Memory Alloys, piezo/ferroelectric elements and electrorheological fluids. Development, multiple characterization, and functionality.
- Nanocomposites and nanodielectrics, energy storage and harvesting.
- Dielectric spectroscopy, electrical properties of polymers and polymer composite materials: dielectric behaviour, AC and DC conductivity.
- Modelling the electrical response of polymer matrix composite materials.
- Thermal and Mechanical properties of polymers and composite materials.
- Magnetic properties of nanocomposites.
- Micromechanics of composite materials using the Laser Raman Spectroscopy.
- Anticorrosive behaviour of composite polymeric systems using impedance spectroscopy.
- Relaxation phenomena and electrical properties in biopolymers and biocompatible nanocomposites.